Thank you to Lea Jurock – who has a blog of interesting book reviews and photos, by the way – for nominating me for this one!
The rules of The Versatile Blogger Award are:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded The Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So – some of the blogs I’ve been following. (This was the hard part – there are so many great bloggers out there!) If you read my blog, you might be interested in the writers below. If you’re one of the writers below, I think you deserve an award; accept it if you want to. If you don’t like Internet awards, ignore it.
Alice (through the Macro Lens) who shares things we might never have noticed about the world inside and outside
Beverley Smith – so many thoughts about tracing your family tree, healthy eating and living, and much much more
Cedric de Alicoque, who posts wonderful photos of Mexico
Doodlemum, for her clever cartoons about life with three children and a very big dog
erafferty, who writes about living as a foreigner in China, and faith, and travel, and cooking…
Gilly Gee, wonderful photographer and writer and traveler and grandmother
Huffygirl, who spends her time either working out or else satirizing the world we live in (um, I think the post about Colorado importing unused Canadian oxygen was satire, wasn’t it?)
“K” from Oregon, who is determined to keep eating for only $35 a week
Laura Mays Hooper, who has so many ideas about how and what to write
Margekatherine, who encourages all of us to stretch our boundaries and enlarge our comfort zones
rthepotter, who seems to be interested in just about everything there is to be interested in, and takes pictures of it too
Suzie Ivy, who shares beyond-belief stories of life on the police force
Virginia Spencer, who takes lots of photographs and paints too! And who also has a (sometimes) purple dog.
Warren Smith, who draws and posts an impressively elaborate maze every single day – wonderful if you’re crazy about mazes like me!
ziggyshortcrust – elf portraitist and memorialist of doomed little white cars
And seven things about me –
1. I am probably the least talented aikido student in the known universe – it took me about twenty years to reach black belt. (Which isn’t the end of training – it means that you’ve learned the fundamentals well enough to start really studying.)
2. I’ll eat and enjoy just about any vegetable there is – but please don’t try to feed me lima beans or broccoli raab.
3. (Just in time for the unofficial start of summer) – I am not a beach person. Give me shade!
4. I enjoy singing – which doesn’t necessarily mean that anybody else enjoys hearing me sing!
5. I hate shopping for shoes.
6. I like to do things with my hands – cook, knit, garden, cat’s cradle, whatever. (Oh, all right. I probably haven’t done cat’s cradle since I was twelve. I bet I can find refresher instructions somewhere on the internet…..)
7. I can come up with plot ideas much, much faster than I can write the stories, so I have an enormous backlog of books begging me to write them.